Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Chanced upon this eatery while out with the kids. Appears to be selling mala hotpot/steamboat, so couldn't give it a try as the kids were around. So today, happened to be alone,  and I gave it a try. 

 
Yes, it's mala 香锅, in the soup version!

I guess it's less sinful than the traditional 麻辣香锅, where all the ingredients are soaked in oil. This one all boil nia. So less guilty after eating.

And, instead of different ingredients having different prices, here is 100g for $2.68, regardless of what u choose. And no additional charge for the soup. Honestly, I still cannot come to term with the 麻辣香锅charging a price for the base itself.. what the..

And the good thing is,  I'm not thirsty after eating! Meaning it shld not be msg loaded.

Hoho.

The taste is not bad la. Of cuz not as 香 and don't have the wok 气, but overall still OK la. Still can satisfy the craving and with much less guilt.

Also can choose 酸菜soup or chicken soup if I'm not wrong. Somewhat like ytf, but the better 料, and more expensive la.

It's located at westgate level 4. Simple decor so I will call it a eatery rather than a restaurant.

Not bad, I can forsee myself being a frequent there liao. 

Lol.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger